1. The applicant is at least eighteen (18) years of age.
2. Resides in Tennessee.
3. The applicant is competent, trustworthy, financially responsible, and has a good business reputation.
4. The applicant is required to pass a written examination and complete a pre-licensing course of study thru an approved education provider for each line of insurance for which an insurance license is requested.
If you hold a P&C license, you do not need a Personal Lines license. Personal lines and commercial are included.
Persons interested in becoming a licensed agent in the State of Tennessee should:
- Obtain a Uniform Application for Resident Individual Insurance Producer License.
- This application can be found at the back of a candidate handbook.
- Complete the pre-licensing education requirement for the line(s) of insurance for which you wish to be licensed.
Licensing and Pre-licensing Through Kaplan Financial
As the Insurors partner for prelicensing education, members may use the code INSTN for a 20% discount on Kaplan courses. Kaplan offers live and online classes, as well as self-study options and a variety of integrated study tools.
Members can visit the Kaplan website and use the discount code INSTN to get a 20% discount on Pre-Licensing and CE courses.
For pre-licensing classes contact:
Members may use code INSTN for a 20% discount
Schedule an examination with Pearson Vue
PO Box 8588
Philadelphia , PA 19101-8588
If you have additional questions please call the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance at 1-888-416-0868 or (615) 741-2693 or visit the Tennessee Department of Insurance's website: www.state.tn.us/commerce.